Friday, September 27, 2013

Happy BIRTHday Olivia



"Take her home and hope she smiles"

That was the quote from the Neonatologist the day after our sweet Olivia was born.   Her diagnosis was intrauterine stroke with severe brain damage, cause undetermined.   This news on August 20, 2007 changed our life forever.

This is her journey, her adventure, that began 6 years ago.  I have learned a lot along the way.  I hope to share the ups and downs, the struggles and the accomplishments, the challenges and the surprises, in hopes that we might be able to help other families that struggle with hearing these same words.

Olivia is not just special, but amazing.  Her soul and spirit are like no one that I've ever met.  She is beautiful on the inside and out.   And I am blessed that I was chosen to be her mother, her provider, and her teacher through this adventure.


Did she smile?  YES!  And she hasn't stopped.



...our adventure continues

Olivia's mom